Tue, 23 May|
Get ready for your Triathlon
All that you need to know in prep for your next even
Time & Location
23 May 2023, 19:00 – 20:00
About the Event
Join us for this live webinar hosted by Fund Her Tri UK to prepare you for your triathlon
Lucy Hurn, triathlon coach and PT, will walk you through how to prepare for your first event (although these tips and tricks will be useful for all beginners, even if you have completed one!). We'll have an extensive Q&A at the end for you to ask any questions!
- What kit you need (essentials and optionals)
- How to prep in the last few week or so (taper, practice transition, read race info, checking course info, nutrition, sleep, kit, mindset, leave time for toilets)
- Transition – practice session and how to set up on the day
- How to get the most out of the day (mindset, pacing, visualising transition, post race, what comes next…)
- Further info on Feel Fit with Lucy website
- Optional Training basics overview – key principles, longest sessions, bricks
Lucy Hurn bio
Lucy is a Triathlon and Mental Health and Exercise Coach and Personal Trainer.
She delivers personalised training plans with coaching and online strength and conditioning classes to help you achieve your triathlon goals.
Her plans are tailored to you to ensure your training enhances rather than competes with the rest of your life, and her coaching helps you address the issues that underpin the success of your training such as mindset, nutrition and race day preparation. She is passionate about the importance of addressing the impact of factors such as female hormones and physiology where relevant in training plans and coaching.
For more, see https://www.feelfitwithlucy.co.uk/how-i-can-help
Club Feel Fit (Tri specific S&C sessions)
Want to get stronger, faster and avoid injuries? Then strength and conditioning is key!
Lucy's online classes are developed specifically for runners and triathletes. They include a mix of mobility, stability, strength, balance and plyometrics and are suitable for complete beginners through to more experienced athletes. Weights optional, no kit needed to get started, just some safe space where you won't fall on anything/ it won't fall on you!
For more details about Lucy's weekly classes see https://www.feelfitwithlucy.co.uk/clubfeelfit